March 19, 2013

Create Your Own Indoor Fairy Garden.


It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first official day of spring and right now it's snowing here in New England!  After a week of sunny bright skies, I think it's safe to say we have spring fever!

Lately I've had an obsession with fairy gardens and I've been pinning them like crazy on Pinterest.  I can't wait to create one of my own in our garden this year!  

Having A Little Lair® makes it easy for fairies to visit inside our home, but wouldn't it be fun to create a garden space for them too?  Since we won't be able to plant outdoors for the next few weeks, I thought it would be fun to create an indoor fairy garden.

Here's what we used to get started:
Create your own indoor fairy garden!  Everyday Magic blog.
Craft stores have tons of affordable dollhouse accessories to choose from for decoration.  Here's a few of our favorites:  Park Bench, Fencing, Garden Tools, Birdhouse, little terra cotta pots.

I already had this great old table/planting container in my attic, but really you could use just about anything.  Just make sure it's easy to water and you have a nice bright location to place it.  Covering the planting soil with sheet moss is key to creating that little garden feel.
Indoor fairy garden.

I love that this project can be a "work in progress" and we can add to it or make changes whenever we want to.  I already have some fun ideas that I'll share with you later this week.    
Indoor fairy garden.
We plan on leaving a little note outside our fairy door tonight in hopes that a passing fairy may stop by for a visit.  Who knows, we may even find a sprinkling of fairy dust tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!